Which (if any) fixings hold PIR and Plasterboard to blockwork?

Morning all,

I am providing myself with a tiny little garden office, the walls are built of single skin heavy block.

I plan to add 100mm PIR insulation inside the blockwork, then finish with plasterboard (or maybe ply sheets).

There are a number of mechanical fixings I could use to pin the PIR to the walls internally, but the question is, how best to fix the plasterboard or ply in place?

I had thought to fix 100mm timber batons to the wall, but that will, of course, create a cold bridge. 

Is anyone aware of a fixing solution they would recommend?

Cheers!

Garden Office Details (1).pdf

Normally you would put a service void between plasterboard and PIR for cables, sockets / plumbing etc.  so screw through battens & PIR into blockwork.   7mm dia concrete screws are fairly inexpensive in longer lengths and you only need to drill a hole as they are self tapping.

Edited by Jenki
url added
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jenki said:

Normally you would put a service void between plasterboard and PIR for cables, sockets / plumbing etc.  so screw through battens & PIR into blockwork.   7mm dia concrete screws are fairly inexpensive in longer lengths and you only need to drill a hole as they are self tapping.

I had totally forgotten the service void!

Thanks very much.

• Like 1