Advice from experienced roofers required please , would really appreciate feedback 🙏😊

Please could any experienced roofers out there answer my questions below.

1. Photo 1.  For someone to re mortar the side of the roof where it joins the house next door on the left hand side.  This is leaving everything as is and just redoing the mortar all the way up.  as a rough estimate - Is this a 1 man or 2 man job?  Time needed, half a  day, or a day maybe?

2. Photo 2.  Where the felt was worn at the bottom of the roof, permanent has been fitted.  There is a gap between the pieces of permavent left side cream bit, then 6-8cm gap, then black bit.    Should there be a gap, I thought they should overlap if anything rather than have a gap? 

3. Photo 3. if you had done the job, would you have kept the ridge tiles down the left hand side, or would you have put a large area of mortar like has been done? 

4. Photo 4.  Can you see any reason why an eaves tray could not have been fitted instead of new felting and wood being replaced which was quite costly?  

Thank you in advance 😊

B3E688DB-075A-4F74-B843-38FFA5CD9306.jpeg

F40825BA-5077-417F-A7CD-5B2565A3043F.jpeg

C2896D48-D301-4A0E-995A-258EB8800216.jpeg

4AD40422-947F-4E2C-AEDD-E033653211B7.jpeg

7461017E-4C57-434C-8340-64663CBC3C6D.jpeg

3E973D5C-B9E6-41BE-AF6A-39AE424133D7.jpeg

5 hours ago, Norrisuk said:

1. Photo 1.  For someone to re mortar the side of the roof where it joins the house next door on the left hand side.  This is leaving everything as is and just redoing the mortar all the way up.  as a rough estimate - Is this a 1 man or 2 man job?  Time needed, half a  day, or a day maybe?

On a roof like that, I'd allow a day for 2.

3. Photo 3. if you had done the job, would you have kept the ridge tiles down the left hand side, or would you have put a large area of mortar like has been done? 

I'd have installed a lead flashing & soakers.

4. Photo 4.  Can you see any reason why an eaves tray could not have been fitted instead of new felting and wood being replaced which was quite costly?

An eaves tray is properly used in addition to felt, not instead.