Cooker hood with exterior fan

Can I  buy a cooker hood without a fan ? Just the grease filters ? I want to install an inline fan away from the kitchen to keep the noise down or am I over thinking it… its going in a tiny house that’s going to be used as temporary accommodation by my parents while I complete works on a cottage I am renovating for them. As it’s such a small space I am concerned they won’t use a standard hood if it’s to noisy. Do I just buy a hood of the shelf and disconnect the existing motor and then wire in the new inline fan  to a separate switch? Has anyone got experience with doing this ? I have plenty of space outside the tiny house for duct work and mounting a fan as there is a large covered over lean to. If this is not feasible then what sound rating should I be looking for on an all in one set up ? Any advice would be great. Thanks

Perfectly reasonable, my hood has 4 settings, no 1 you can’t hear at all and no 2 is fairly quiet. If the existing fan is disconnected it may block the flow even with an external fan 🤷‍♂️.