Hiding vertical gas pipe in kitchen

Super_Paulie

happy lunchtime guys.

Im at the stage i need to stud my wonky kitchen party wall out to accommodate stuff like UFH, water pipes etc,  I also have a gas line to contend with. My situation and question is as follows.

The gas pipe runs up from the floor void in the corner clipped to the exposed brick wall in the kitchen. As i am framing that wall out it means i can hide the gas pipe, cladding with ply to hold the weight of my units but i don't know what's the best practice here.
I could leave gaps top and bottom in the ply so its vented as i only need the ply to run to the wall where the tiles will go above worktop, and this would help with goons potentially drilling into the thing as its obvious it would be there. But as the wall units go up to the ceiling it would effectively be venting into another relatively sealed chamber up there. Same as below the units, although i could potentially put a crappy vent in the plinth or pelmet. 

Is this the best thing to do or should i be battening right up to the pipe and then fully encasing the pipe in something like illbruck fm330?

Cheers gents, 3d images attached for your viewing pleasure, the gas pipe is very far right in all the images. Hopefully the above makes sense.

gasBoxing-v1.jpg

gasBoxing-v2.jpg

Edited by Super_Paulie

I think it is meant to be vented, to prevent any build up of gas - I think there is a certain amount of leakage that is permissable and obvs you wouldn't want that to build up.