Wrap-around extension demo

NandM

For our extension, we'll be having the entire rear cavity wall removed: half single storey and half double storey.  In addition, around a third of the side will also have the double storey removed...as well as the roof structure

I'm reasonably OK at breaking things and as I'm managing the project, fancy saving some pennies and doing the demo work (mostly) myself.

I could hire some manual labourers and there will be space for machinery as the garage will also be demolished.

How would you go about doing this?

This is our home and half-finished, but we will move out for the works.

I'm currently leaning towards not having a tin hat for the roof as the pricing is crazy. Should I wait until the new roof has been built before taking the walls down. But by that time, the new walls and slab will be in place, so perhaps more of a headache?

Just thinking about the almost teapot like hipped roof some more. As only half of the rear and a third of one side of the supporting walls will be demolished, could I keep most of the roof structure in place (with additional cross-bracing etc.) until the new one is built?