Loft board help

Hi folks, first post here. I’m needing some help on what the best way to fix some broken loft roof boards is. 

There are quite a few sagging down and previous owner has tried to support them up with wooden battens before, but they’re too light weight. My plan was to cut out the bad sections of boards between the trusses and secure new sections of similar fibre board with bracing of 3x1” battens across at 90 degrees between the trusses. I know the best way would be to rip the whole lot down and put the likes of Kingspan insulation and sheet it but it’s a suitable fix for now I’m looking at without doing any real major work like taking the whole roof off. 

The areas of board that are just sagging down and not broken I was just going to push up and reinforce with decent wood secured through the trusses at reasonable intervals. 

Also, I’m not sure where I can get this fibre board from? It’s around 12mm thick. 

I’ve included some pics. Apologies if they’re not that great. 

Appreciate any ideas or thoughts on how to go about this. IMG_8854.thumb.jpeg.5bd52ac54a59205ade0a53ce0c42d161.jpegIMG_8856.thumb.jpeg.db32d8442ec3d9fc36b73be639c2c9a3.jpeg

Re sourcing the board, short answer is I don't know either, but a search yields https://www.builderdepot.co.uk/12mm-fibreboard-sheet-2200mm-x-1220mm

I used to use a lot of thicker wood-fibre boards, and the pallets often came with 'spacers' of 8-10mm board, but the merchants in UK did not sell it! That's a pity, as it was really useful for the occasional really tight reveal.

• 1 month later...

Going to need full width boards of like 11mm OSB to offer a crutch to those. If you try and repair just the sides I doubt you’ll get away without breakage and a lot of time & effort spent doing a job that’ll not last very long.

Attics are fun aren’t they :/ 

1 hour ago, Lesstranj said:

It sounds like you've got a bit of a challenge with those loft roof boards. Your plan to cut out the bad sections and secure new fiberboard with bracing sounds like a solid approach for now. It should help reinforce the area without the need for major work like replacing the whole roof.

This reads like an AI passage.

• Like 1