Cistern Pan Hose Question

I have a pneumatic concealed cistern behind a removable vanity panel. I pulled the panel off to investigate a dull knocking noise when the cistern is coming to nearly full, I haven't ascertained what this might be as yet, I wondered if it was the cold water pipes knocking (as in water hammer) but this wasn't the case.

However, this is the first time I've had this vanity front off since living here for four years and I noticed the hose between the toilet and the pan is slightly on the wonk / angle and the connection to the pan looks like the attached photo.

This has been fine for over four years we've been here and it's been in place for ~13 years so I am not minded to mess with it but just wondered if this looks normal.

IMG_2610.jpg

Not ideal but the connections can stand some misalignment, and if it’s not broken - don’t fix it!

having said that, while you can see what’s going on, flush a couple of times to make sure the conns are not leaking.

as for the knocking noise, this could be the float/fill valve getting a bit tired or catching on something and going with a jolt.

Edited by markc
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, markc said:

Not ideal but the connections can stand some misalignment, and if it’s not broken - don’t fix it!

having said that, while you can see what’s going on, flush a couple of times to make sure the conns are not leaking.

as for the knocking noise, this could be the float/fill valve getting a bit tired or catching on something and going with a jolt.

Thank you... It's dry as a bone thus far, no evidence of leakage. I also checked for a weep. I also noticed the plastic cistern leans forward slightly also but it's again clearly been like it for so long

I'm going to leave it alone; don't fancy opening a can of worms. Ideally I am sure these should be square / in line.

I'm no plumber so will ask my guy to take a look when he is on another job.