Amelia and her Garden Room

Hi everyone, just saying hello - I'm Amelia, or Amy is fine :)

I decided in September I'd give building a garden room a go. So far, so good. Walls are up and the roof is on..ish. Waiting for it to warm up a bit before I try and fit the rubber roof.. damn water based adhesives!

I'll be probably asking some questions about plasterboard and insulation really. Got most of the other stuff nailed down - even managed to fit the door and window myself without making too much of a mess of it all.

Hope to draw on some of your helpful selves soon :)

Amy

Hi

8 minutes ago, Amelia Winters said:

decided in September I'd give building a garden room a go. So far, so good

Is it a log cabin type of garden room, with inter locking wooden blocks to build the walls?

2 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

Hi

Is it a log cabin type of garden room, with inter locking wooden blocks to build the walls?

Hey! No, timber frame construction, OSB3 sheeting walls / roof, 18mm marine ply on a ground screw/frame foundation

Edited by Amelia Winters

Well congrats. If you can get the roof edges to drain properly so that any ground splash won’t soak the lower 6 inches of walls, that’ll give it a long life. I was not convinced about the pva stuff, did they supply contact adhesive for the edges? Probably not a big deal anyway as it’ll lie flat (ish). There are some good stainless nails with rubber collars to hold down the edges of the epdm - you probably don’t need many. I also used ss staples in the non-critical parts.

Thanks - it's proving a little more difficult than I first thought but getting there!

Yeah there's WBA for the main deck and contact adhesive for the perimeter of it, 100mm worth if I remember right - got some kerb edge trim which will hopefully keep most from running down the fascia but opted for a layer of gravel around the base to try and reduce the splash back a little from it