Leaking Condensate Pipe

steveoelliott

Hi,

Last night I encountered a leak in a roof above our store room which has transpired to be from the boiler condensate pipe. It was cracked at an elbow so the plumber we use has replaced this and hopefully all will be well with that joint. However, as he was leaving, we noticed another elbow with a hair line crack as it goes through a wall into a soil pipe. He has put some sealant over this as a temporary solution and will return in the new year to replace that. I did ask him to do it now but with it being a bit more involved, he opted to leave it until the new year.

The challenge is though, with two elbows in this state, it stand to reason that others may also be the same! The ones from the boiler in the loft look OK but there are one or two hidden behind a stud wall. In the new year the plumber said he can use an endoscope to try to inspect these but I'm thinking it may just be worth replacing the run rather than waiting for the others to inevitably fail. The only difference with the others might be that they are less exposed to cold conditions.

I'd be interested to know folks thoughts on this.

Thanks...