UFH ground floor and First Floor

Olu

We are having a new self build project with ground floor underfloor heating with 75mm screed top. I will like advise on the FF ufh. We have a POSI joist for first floor. is First floor ufh required at all?

If we decided against ufh for first floor as I have seen on several topics, do we need to add insulation below joist please? We are thinking insulation below joist will stop heating from ground floor to flow upstairs in our lay man thinking.

We will appreciate a kind advise as we are at the stage of making this decision.

Many thanks

Olu

2 hours ago, Olu said:

We are thinking insulation below joist will stop heating from ground floor to flow upstairs in our lay man thinking.

You need insulation to stop noise transfer. Otherwise every step upstairs will be amplified. It's also a requirement of building regs.

UFH in bedrooms is rubbish. We have it and it's never the correct temperature as the response time is so long.  Either nothing and electric points for electric heaters (if required later) or radiators. That would be my advise.

• Like 1