How to fix this Swan Neck issue?

Handieman

Hey all,

New here and I hope you don't mind me asking for some help right away?

I am replacing a toilet but have hit an issue relating to the soil pipe.

The toilet I removed was a an open backed toilet whose cistern sat further back from the pan. The toilet I purchased is a close coupled wc whose cistern sits flush with the pan. The previous toilet made use of an offset connector pipe for reasons that can be seen in the pictures supplied - the soil pipe sits lower than the toilet outlet. Unfortunately I cannot remove the Swann neck and this is not for the want of trying either. I guess it is stuck in either due to the floor concrete and/or the self-levelling compound.

I assume that I must use an open backed toilet again and an off-set connector pipe? I note that toilets have various different measurements from the soil outlet to the back to the cistern. Given the measurement I supply in the picture, is there a certain wc I require? I wish for the cistern to sit tight against the wall.

Apologies if these questions appear silly to some.

IMG_9257.jpeg

IMG_9270.jpeg

5 hours ago, dpmiller said:

the swan neck will come out, it's got a grey rubber seal around it so one way or another will break free

Thanks so much for the reply. I have tried applying brute force and ignorance and it doesn’t budge so I am left wondering if the self leveling compound used on the floor may be preventing it from coming out? Should I try and chip away at the surroundings of the pipe?

(updated photoIMG_9422.thumb.jpeg.b4cb07cb5919eab348091dabafb94214.jpeg provided)

Edited by Handieman

It’s started to budge thankfully. As I suspected, there was screed or concrete jamming it between the soil pipe. 

Next question, what pipe is best suited to replace it with to install and close coupled wc?

edit: And out it pops. 

IMG_9424.jpeg

Edited by Handieman