Any experience with ErfurtMav Professional Insulation Panels?

rkrv

I am considering insulating walls with Professional Insulation Panels from ErfurtMav (https://www.erfurtmav.com/erfurt-mav-wallpaper-products/insulating-wall-coverings/professional-high-density-insulation-panels).

They claim U value of 5, which is not great but may add a bit insulation to a cavity wall with no/deteriorated insulation (I am planning to replace it some time next summer). Walls are cold on touch so I am hoping adding even 8mm of high density polystyrene should help to keep heat inside. They claim it is comparable to:

Approx. 140mm of solid brick

Approx. 200mm of stone block

Approx. 300mm of concrete

Anyone has experience with it?

8 hours ago, rkrv said:

They claim U value of 5

So about a tenth of the refurbishment U-Values.

As the 'money' is in the fitting and finishing, consider finding a better way to do it.

Phenolic sheet has a thermal conductivity of 0.02 W/m.K

8mm of that would be half the U-Value.

50mm would be 0.4 W/m2.K

It is easy to misunderstand the below chart that shows the first few millimetres 'doing all the work'.

You are still loosing a huge amount of energy every heating season.

image.thumb.png.b86652aa6d634a9af82bdc139f3f64a0.png

At a delta temperature of 20K, and a 10 m2 of wall area, the losses are, with 10mm of insulation with a U-Value of 2.5 W/m2.K, are 400 W.

If your heating is on for 1000 hours (42 days) then the energy loss though the insulation is 400 kWh.

Put in 50mm and that same calculation comes out at 80 kWh.  A fifth of the losses.

image.png