Air bleeding, ASHP install

I'm Double checking my list of bit vs what the install guide says laying stuff out on the floor as I go...

I've got to, according to the guide, put in an air vent/valve at the highest point.  I've a couple of questions on this.

1)  Is this needed on flow to the UFH pump and on return to the HP, or just one on the flow side?

2)  Because at the moment the highest point is located in the 1st floor void and I'd rather not fit an access hatch in the ceiling, can I pipe off to a cupboard or loft space and install the air valve there?  That pipe could be up to a 3m run or so, is that ok do you think?

Can anyone recommend a manual valve, or could I use a drain down fitting that I can then attach a hose onto and pipe into a bucket or bowl. 

Thx

Marek

Edited by crispy_wafer

• crispy_wafer changed the title to Air bleeding, ASHP install
6 hours ago, crispy_wafer said:

I'm Double checking my list of bit vs what the install guide says laying stuff out on the floor as I go...

I've got to, according to the guide, put in an air vent/valve at the highest point.  I've a couple of questions on this.

1)  Is this needed on flow to the UFH pump and on return to the HP, or just one on the flow side?

2)  Because at the moment the highest point is located in the 1st floor void and I'd rather not fit an access hatch in the ceiling, can I pipe off to a cupboard or loft space and install the air valve there?  That pipe could be up to a 3m run or so, is that ok do you think?

Can anyone recommend a manual valve, or could I use a drain down fitting that I can then attach a hose onto and pipe into a bucket or bowl. 

Thx

Marek

You can get manual air bleeds.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-end-feed-air-vent-cap-15mm/52451

• Thanks 1