Are British Gas boiler repairs guaranteed?

DaveAF

Hi

Just wondering if repairs done by British Gas to my combi boiler come with a guarantee?

Had it serviced under contract and some parts replaced 4 weeks ago but gradually the old problem of no hot water downstairs has returned.

We were told at the time it was probably a diverter valve problem which the engineer replaced.

Central heating upstairs and downstairs is fine but sink and shower hot water has recently become very slow to heat and often goes cold after a minute or two.

The system pressure is down to below the safe minimum level today so we had to turn it off.

I haven't noticed any leaks anywhere. 

A British Gas engineer is booked to come tomorrow and as there's an excess to pay on repairs with our service cover I'm wondering if it's likely that they will waive it because of the previous repairs not having been successful? 

All thoughts welcome. 

Thanks

David 

I think you should tell them that you don't consider the problem to have been resolved if it is the same as before. However, you say that the problem has gradually returned? But from your description there seem to be some other issues going on:

1. System pressure - have you previously lost pressure in the system and have you had to top it up before?

2. Is it a problem with hot water at all outlets? If so, turn one of the most problematic outlets on and then go look at the boiler and check the water temperature shown on the display. Does it rise quickly to about 80C followed by the boiler switching off and then on again when the temperature goes back down?

• Thanks 1