Hello! Almost-complete on my garden studio build

oliwoodings

Hi all! Been lurking for a while, high time I introduced myself properly.

We bought our 1930s house in Woking in 2021, it's our first place and definitely not the forever home, but we wanted to make it comfortable. It was already extended downstairs, although they did a lazy job of it, so since then we've taken an internal wall down to open up the kitchen living area, put in a new kitchen and added low pitch veluxes to get some light in.

However our biggest project by far has been the garden studio. I'm a software engineer by trade, fully remote, and my wife is a massage therapist, meaning we are both home most of the time. Pretty early on we realised we needed a little more room, so I started researching timber framed garden buildings. After seeing the price of having a professional build done, I quickly committed to doing the vast majority DIY!

We agreed pretty early on that it would make most sense to maximise on the permitted development size of 30m^2, and split the space into two rooms - one side for my wife's massage studio, and the other for a shed/man cave.

After having a (slightly dodgy) groundwork guy put down a slab in summer 2022, I began framing in October 2023. Fast forward to now, after a fair old slog and lots of learning curves, my wife is finally able to start using the studio side! Still got a fair amount to do in the shed side, and the garden now needs a load of work, but so happy to be at this milestone.

Here's a few pics of it now, and from along the way.

IMG-20231031-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20231031-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20231031-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20231031-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20231031-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20231031-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20231031-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20231031-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20231031-WA0003.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Just match it hour for hour.

I was filmed for an educational video about massage once.

Was oiled up and stroked for 8 hours.

Fantastic it was.

That paragraph completely changes meaning if you remove the word 'educational'.