Rationel Level Threshold Doors

BadgerBadger

Has anyone managed to suss out level thresholds with Rationel doors?!  DPC levels were designed in so that's all sorted, it's just the cill/drainage I can't seem to work elegantly. 

We're after that minimal inside-outside transition with the patio slabs running as close to the door as practical leaving the least amount of threshold visible.  Only option the suppliers we've spoken to have really given is sitting the Rationel flush threshold on an aluminium subcill and then simply butting the paving to this, maybe with a slot drain.  Obviously the subcill would be visible. I can't help but think there's a better solution we're missing.

Looked at various threshold drains, including the Aquabocci system which look promising, but not sure what the sit the Rationel threshold on.

Sorry you mentioned "patio" and my brain read patio door aka sliding door.

Yes their French doors should be level access.

On the outside leave a recess under the door opening so the slabs can slide snugly under the aluminium threshold, (in our case decking boards)

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

On the outside leave a recess under the door opening so the slabs can slide snugly under the aluminium threshold, (in our case decking boards)

Thanks - so can the bit pictured above just sit directly on blockwork (recess cut as needed) or does it need something else?

Final block course still needs adding at thresholds, so all options possible.