Power cable

Hi Kelvin

Thanks for your advice.

I emailed the CEO last year who then passed it on to this guy. Will have a look back at my emails but they weren’t for moving from their offer.

The linesman probably got sacked but they think £500 is sufficient to pay out for dangerous incompetent work. It is a bit insulting that £500 is the value they put on my life, family and my property. My NewBuild is around 3m from the pole.

But at a bit of loose end how to proceed without paying $$$ to solicitors. I think this is what they bank on with people that they will take the offer as too much hassle otherwise. These big companies know how to play the game.

I haven’t accepted the offer and due to health issues just put it on the back burner.

So any other suggestions very welcome 

This was the reply to my first letter to the ceo last year:-

Thank you for your further email to Basil. I  am sorry you are unhappy with our position, however, I can confirm it is our final position on the matter. You may be able to contact Ombudsman Services Energy, who are an independent complaint resolution service and can investigate your complaint. I have included their details below.

Energy Ombudsman: Here to help with gas & electricity complaints | Ombudsman Services (ombudsman-services.org)

Alternatively if you would like to accept our offer of £500 gesture of goodwill, please let me know and I will arrange the payment.

I have attached the fault report for your reference, I am sorry that we did not send this to you previously. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact me.

Many thanks

Ben

Ben Akers

Senior Customer Care Executive

Tel: 0203 660 2018

Tel: 07875 119 571

25 minutes ago, Barking99 said:

and due to health issues just put it on the back burner.

Peace of mind is worth £££££, I was in a position to Sue my solicitor and barrister recently but also due to health issues I decided it was not worth the work and pressure so I let it slide, life is too short . Take the money and treat yourself 😎