Buildzone warranty and combined building control.

Has anybody got any recent experience of using buildzone building control ? to be honest, i have read a lot of horror stories online about trying to get an inspector on site etc. They seem to offer a service where you can pay extra to get a visit in 5 days ! Not a lot of use if you have nice deep trenches open, and it's peeing down with rain.  That's why i have always liked Labc. Ring before 10am, and get a same day visit. The reviews i have read, are putting me off using them.

I am using Buildzone for their warranty and LABC for BC.

LABC were far cheaper and (as I predicted) have been very responsive and helpful up to now. The Buildzone warranty inspector ( from Meridian Consult) was very much on the ball at foundation stage and had a brief glance at DPM / DPC. I won't see him now until the roof is on.

• Thanks 1

So the claim that it is cheaper if the warranty firm does the building control is not true? I need building controls now to help with a design query but the warranty firms won’t even quote because we haven’t finished our foundation designs or appointed a contractor. I found this very odd as presumably many don’t use a main contractor at all?

• 6 months later...

Just having a major issue with the service provided by Buildzone and Meridian Consult. The process seems to have changed and we were oblivious to the change. Instead of having the one inspector to do both the BC and warranty we now have to have separate inspections. Warranty now appears to be with Approved Consultancy Services whose inspector has been extremely helpful but says they don't provide staged completion certificates. Everything was going smoothly with Mayflower but the lender is insisting on interim completion certificates which the warranty company do not appear to provide. Therefore we, at the moment, can't get a mortgage despite being made an offer! Anyone had a similar experience?