A2A ceiling options?

magnayn

After the recent heat, I'm still musing on A2A as a possible cooling, maybe heating route.

I got momentarily excited when I saw Mitsubishi and LG did narrow "between joist" ceiling cassettes for A2A - only to discover that they're built for 450mm joist centres and in my (1930s) house they're decidedly less than that.

This seems daft, given many of the wall-hung units look like they'd fit in the joist gaps, just obviously aren't intended for that. 

Am I missing other options? I look at A2A installs - I could possibly cope with the units, but the pipework being bodged (ahem, 'covered with conduit' / 'boxed in') I definitely could not..

How big is your place?
You don't necessarily need A2A inside units in each room - if you're semi open plan - or can allow air flow between rooms.

e.g. upstairs a standard mini split unit in the master, or landing area may be enough - if you dont usually run heating at night but more top up in the late evening?

e.g. This winter will be the test on 100% A2A -  
For upstairs: I've one inside unit in the master bedroom and another near the bottom of the stairs / central area - together they should provide enough warm air.