Loxone Wallbox - benefits for Loxone Integration?

1 hour ago, Hilldes said:

Any Loxone owners used a Loxone Wallbox as an EV charger? Any benefits for Loxone integration in this product as opposed to non Loxone EV charger outlets?

https://shop.loxone.com/enuk/wallbox-tree.html

Potentially a good idea if you want to:

- Implement access (e.g. via NFC) to enable charging.

- Control charging current from Loxone.

- Want to incorporate energy monitoring within the charger. 

I purchased a Tesla charger before these were released and while there is some data you can pull from Loxone (with some work), you can't control access, charging or charge current.  That said:

- With battery storage, my view is that there is no/minimal value in controlling current when you have a battery as a buffer. instead, you can use on/off control based on tariff and battery SoC.

- I don't currently have a need to control charging, as the 2-5 a.m. schedule @ 11.5kW is enough to dump up to 35kWh (45%) overnight into the car, and charging using PV doesn't make sense on the current Octopus Flux tariff.

- I can pull the total consumption from the Telsa charger API very easily for monitoring, so this solves this requirement for me, without needing to install a costly Modbus energy meter.

- Access isn't that important for us given the charger is on a private drive, but the Tesla charge does actually let you limit to specific VINs.  This isn't a flexible as a Loxone-based solution though.

If I was buying one now would I get the Loxone one?  I'm not sure, but I would seriously consider it, just from an ecosystem and simplicity perspective.

Edited by Dan F