Abutment to stone

Broste1980

Hi everyone as you you will guess I am new to this forum and any replies will be appreciated. My query is this. We have a semi-detached house with rosemary tiles that we are replacing with slate. We have an abutment to the left hand side made of stone (sits on bricks just below the surface of the roof so the only part that I can abut anything to is stone I planned on using one of the grp secret gutters then lay a lead alternative flashing on the edge of the stone over and into the grp gutter what do people think? From looking around it would seem that most other similar roofs the stones have been lifted off then rebedded onto the tiles/slates however the neighbours wont let us lift the stones have seen plans that state they own the stones so we're a bit stuck any suggestions! 

• Like 1

Welcome ...

Its unlikely that your neighbours own the whole of the stones as the boundary is most likely in the centre of the wall. It would make half each at worst. 

Working on that part of the roof may require a party wall agreement - how well do you know the neighbours and do you get on ..?