Threshold height for Karndean??

Shaun McD

Hi all, 

Finalising details for our insulated slab and need to lock in door threshold heights! As confident as one can be with an impulsive other half, we plan to use Karndean (or similar) glued down for the 3 areas with external doors, two open in and one slider. We have not yet picked the specific style of floor and when I spoke to retailer, they recommended leaving 7-9mm for a flush threshold height (3mm leveling, 2mm glue, 2/3mm floor covering). Can anyone confirm those sound right before we lock in heights? I am leaning closer to the 9mm side and can also compound floor up a little at doors it needed,

Kind regards, 

Shaun

3 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Bear in mind you may have doormats or matwells.

I think with the doors opening in we will be looking to place mats on the outside of the doors (both have covered porches)

1 hour ago, Discoeye said:

Lots of Karndean are actually thicker than you stated so just keep an eye out.

I looked at their site and all the glue down options stated as 2, 2.5, or 3mm, do you know that to be incorrect?

3 hours ago, Shaun McD said:

I think with the doors opening in we will be looking to place mats on the outside of the doors (both have covered porches)

I looked at their site and all the glue down options stated as 2, 2.5, or 3mm, do you know that to be incorrect?

Karndean looselay and longboard are @ 4.5mm thick and can be glued down albeit with their tackifier.

• Thanks 1