Loopcad Pipe layout styles question

Post and beam

Good evening wise ones.

I have exhausted my Loopcad trial and while i figure out using Virtual machines on my PC to access another trial i asked for a design online. It may not have been a wise choice but hey ho !

The design i have been previewed does not use the pipe layout style that coils to the centre and then back out again to even out the hot and cold areas. Did i explain that well?  If you understand me please tell me what that style is.

Thanks in advance

keith

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Conor said:

I did a mix of the two, depending on the shape and size of the room. Can't notice any difference in performance from room to room.

Would think the spiral patterns are more required where there are high flow temps and big delta T or/as well as doing very close centre distance between pipes.  In well insulated house, low flow temp and a low delta T any pattern will be good. 

10 hours ago, JohnMo said:

In well insulated house, low flow temp and a low delta T any pattern will be good. 

Thanks. I have asked for someone to do me a design via the website Fiverr.  I do indeed intend to have a low flow temp of 35 degrees, with 150mm centres and yes the house is quite well insulated.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2023 at 19:56, Post and beam said:

Thanks. I have asked for someone to do me a design via the website Fiverr.  I do indeed intend to have a low flow temp of 35 degrees, with 150mm centres and yes the house is quite well insulated.

How was the design process using Fivver?

4 hours ago, dabba said:

How was the design process using Fivver?

I tried 2, they were not expensive. The first is not really satisfactory. Wrong placement of the manifold and weird gaps in the pipe layouts. Other details in the design have led me to abandon it.

The second is still in revision. initial attempt was good but i missed giving some detail.

I only tried using Fiverr becuase i cannot figure out creating a virtual machine on my PC to have a second trial period of Loopcad myself.

• Like 1