undermount sink fitted as inset on laminate worktop?

we were looking at an undermount sink combined with a solid laminate worktop. unfortunately, the worktop is extremely expensive, we can't justify that price, hence we're going with something similar, but regular laminate.

we really like the sink we found initially, but it's sold as an undermount sink. I know that many "undermount" sinks can be installed either way, but how would I find out? there is a lip around the sink, what's to stop me from just resting the sink on top of the worktop using that lip?

Single Bowl Undermount Chrome Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink - Enza Isabella BeBa_26182 | Appliances Direct

thanks

Edited by johnhenstock83

The problem is that the sinks that are designed to be undermounted can, and usually have quite a rolled top. Belive me it wouldn't look good, and you wouldn't be happy. I will try and have a look for an alternative (Reginox) from memory have a flat top, so can be over, or under mounted.

58 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Ok. Reginox R27646 New York. 50x40 £168.03 from sinks and taps. I have used these in the past. Very good quality sinks.

that's a good looking sink, similar to the one we chose initially. how would this be fitted? would CT1 hold it in place, assuming a nice, snug cut-out?

thanks