Microshield Ultra Masonry Sealant

Marlz05

6 minutes ago, Marlz05 said:

I think there is possibly penetrating damp going through dritherm insulation

Oh I doubt that, and I say that because on my build I had full fill cavity (200mm ) of dritherm  (which has a BBA certificate for full fill cavity). Outside wall was soaked (west facing near the Atlantic) but when I had to get into the cavity to instal my ASHP the dritherm did not wick any moisture at all. It’s why they call it DRItherm. We need more info on your damp problem. 

The decision to seal the wall is partly to prevent the walls becoming wet in winter and blowing their faces - areas of the exterior wall appear to not dry out as quickly (or at all) after a downpour hence the possible suspected issue with the insulation. 

11 minutes ago, Marlz05 said:

The decision to seal the wall is partly to prevent the walls becoming wet in winter and blowing their faces - areas of the exterior wall appear to not dry out as quickly (or at all) after a downpour hence the possible suspected issue with the insulation. 

Fair point 👍 I have seen this done with very good results (no idea which product tho). You need to do it when the wall is thoroughly dry to stop sealing the damp in the wall.

Edited by joe90