Microshield Ultra Masonry Sealant

Marlz05

Unless you live in a very exposed location with driving rain, then masonry sealant shouldn't be necessary. A house with a decent roof, guttering, drainage and correct external ground levels will keep the walls dry

.if there are defects with these then masonry sealant is just treating the symptom rather than the cause.

Well I used a similar product on my west facing wall not far from the Atlantic as the bricks were sodden right through (noticed when I core drilled fir my ASHP). Dead easy to apply and rain ran off it like glass afterwards 👍

@joe90 did you treat your brick Window cills?  I've done similar (angled brick cills) and notice a bit of discolouring on the north side - slight dampness for longer than the other elevations and lack of direct sunlight I guess.  I wonder if a little bit of masonry sealant might help.

5 minutes ago, crispy_wafer said:

@joe90 did you treat your brick Window cills?  I've done similar (angled brick cills) and notice a bit of discolouring on the north side - slight dampness for longer than the other elevations and lack of direct sunlight I guess.  I wonder if a little bit of masonry sealant might help.

Yes all bricks, luckily my “wet” side was west so sun and wind will dry quickly, I guess wet north side will discolour due to lack of UV.

• Thanks 1