Velux low pitch versus roof maker

Hi, I would appreciate some advice. 

We extending our kitchen with a NNW facing single story extension. We're looking at putting in a skylight, but are very mindful of overheating. We're thinking about future climates. The extension part will be about 5.7x2.4m. In midsummer the window will be in shade between 11.30-4pm but will get sun outside of these times. Our roof will be very low pitch (ca. 12 degrees).

Option 1 would be a Velux low pitch roof window 114 cm wide x 118cm with anti heat shutters. 

This would be uValue of 1.1 but if we shut the shutters at night then this will improve. we can also shut out the sun if it gets too hot. This is around 2k

Option 2 would be a Roof Maker style roof. 

This wouldn't open, but we're fine with this. I feel with the upstand this might not look so stylish, but again we're ok with this.

The uvalues are better and we can get solar control glass

However, I cannot see any options for blackout shutters outside. There are several options for blinds inside. And of course there are solar coatings.

I feel that the inside blinds won't be as good for blocking heat. 

At the moment this will replace a conservatory which has much more glazing but gets unbearable in summer. I would much rather be conservative regarding overheating. If you were in a similar position would you go for option 1 or 2?

If its a single window I would be less worried about the overheating element in option 2. It's not that big glazing wise compared to the conservatory experience and your peak sun time has shading anyway. Even an internal shade will help a bit. I like being able to open the window though for stack ventilation in the evening though.