A tile trim with an overlap?

Hi All,

I hope you are doing well.

I have bought these L shaped trims however I see around the window that my tiles are not exactly flush and I don't have extra lip to compensate for surface undulation.
Is there a trim that can cover these imperfections? e.g. rather than this:
___|
something like this:

___|

|

On 28/07/2023 at 07:37, Nickfromwales said:

I have searched extensively hoping that these T trims are common but they don't.
All T shaped trims are mainly for transition only and the one you found is for steps but I have not found any more than these Genesis ones.

On 01/08/2023 at 13:59, JohnBishop said:

I have searched extensively hoping that these T trims are common but they don't.
All T shaped trims are mainly for transition only and the one you found is for steps but I have not found any more than these Genesis ones.

https://lilleytileandstone.co.uk/schluter-reno-t-transition-profile-select-colour-width-and-length.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw_aemBhBLEiwAT98FMqPfJcmP0Ikj5ma7v9dWF2HrtHFwxloj4JIQKJ7EicB3nMeQAl_n7xoCOWoQAvD_BwE#139=123&144=227&93=154

Any good?

Maybe contact that supplier and hopefully they can source what you need?

On 02/08/2023 at 22:13, Nickfromwales said:

I have checked and these ones are either 14mm or 25mm.
My tiles are 9.5mm thick so I think the only that would match is Genesis one which is 10mm.

It's definitely a stair tile trim not transition trim.

I have not come across any more stair trims that the one you have shared so I think I order this one. It's out of stock in many stores.

20 hours ago, Pocster said:

@JohnBishop you can get any shape tile trim you need at a cost ! - to cover up imperfections/ (expletive deleted) ups / incompetence etc . . I know .

I have been at Wicks and Topps Tiles and they pretty much have the same selection of trims and nothing to do what I want to do.
I will check at B&Q.

On 02/08/2023 at 22:13, Nickfromwales said:

I have found a similar one at B&Q for about 20 quid. This transition trim is the only one I found that makes sense in this application.

• Like 1

I have installed the tiles around the window however because these trims don't have long enough anchor I was not able to just attach them with tile adhesive. It would be too messy anyway.
What is the best to attach these trims? Should I use silicone?

• 2 weeks later...