Solaredge app update

joth

Just noticed android mySolarEdge has updated, with two noticeable improvements

1/ it now tracks and illustrates consumption and production sources/sinks correctly, even though I charge the battery from grid each night

Screenshot_20230727-204932.thumb.png.9b86f8ec38c97d6fd6dfd5e76dbf0db9.png

2/ it has some (rudimentary) settings for the user to define their own storage profile (basically either optimise self use, or some supposedly smart TOU option).

Screenshot_20230727-204943.thumb.png.8e3981356e4296ead094315f6e55764e.png

I'm trying the TOU but not got high hopes, as while it allows you to configure peak energy times (for octopus Go I did all day except the cheap 4 hours...), You can't set the price or import Vs export timings, so there's not way for it to take into account a varying price spread for TOU shifting. The help text hints it "may" even charge up the battery from grid if needed, but no clue as to when. I'll see and try to remember to report back 

Screenshot_20230727-205001.thumb.png.b7db4d11a4823c1bccea895ec0e06268.png

brief update:

I happened to be awake at 1am and took a peak, and the TOU profile still had the battery discharging (to meet baseload) even though this was in cheap rate, so I clicked it back to "Installer defined" profile. A minute later it was happily charging from grid as wanted. 

So I can't say anything about how tou works (maybe it is supposed "learn" over days/weeks of use, but it already has years of our usage and generation data to analyse so that's a poor excuse). But I can at least say reverting back to installer settings worked fine for me. (I have admin rights on my installers portal so it's easy for me to edit my desired TOU profile there, but I appreciate not everyone has that luxury)