Connecting radiators to UFH Manifold?

Hi Everyone

I wasn’t sure whether to post this in Rad or UFH but hopefully I’m posting this in the correct group.

I’m in the throes of a full renovation and am currently designing the central heating system, I’m installing radiators (11 or 12 in total) and am going to run each rad from its own loop on a manifold, each rad will have a wall mounted thermostat and actuator valve on the manifold all connected to a wiring centre so each rad is individually controllable.

I’ve done this same setup in a previous property with a 4 port manifold and it worked just great using just the circulation pump in the boiler, I wondering this time if I’m going to need an additional pump at the manifold with the increased number of rads, but I thought I’d read somewhere that 2 pumps can work against each other when on the same loop and cause problems

If that’s the case I did wonder if I just used the same setup as UFH with a pump and a blend valve as I know that doesn’t cause an issue, I’ll be over sizing the rads anyway to future proof for an ASHP should I ever go down that route, so will be running at a lower temp.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences of a similar setup or had any additional thoughts

Thanks in advance

Martin

There was a similar post not so long ago. So it may come up in a search.

Be careful with lots of thermostats and boiler being pushed into short cycling.

Also look at weather compensation. If a system boiler make sure it's plumbed as X plan or priority hot water, so you can run two different temperatures one for CH the other for DHW. 

Your pressure drop the pump sees is equivalent to the longest loop