Vortex treatment plant

joe90

I am about to decide on my treatment plant as I need to get it in the ground before this glorious dry summer ends ?. I  am impressed by the vortex and its activated sludge process, also because it's adjustable to the number of people ( building regs say minimum of 6 people treatment plant for a 3 bed house whereas ours will mostly be only accupied by two people) . Can anyone see a flaw in my plan or suggest a better model please. https://www.wte-ltd.co.uk/asp-sewage_treatment_plants.html

ta.

Very high water table in winter ( forgot to mention that), building inspector has indicated draining to a ditch on site will be acceptable . I know full concrete encasement will be required.

The Vortex was on my shortlist as well, along with the Condor and the Biopure. I couldn't get the Condor delivered to my location for a sensible price, which took the list down to two.

The activated sludge process of the Vortex is interesting, but I'm not sure whether this generates a benefit in terms of performance. It could be argued the other way, that a sludge crust on top of the clarification chamber (as has formed in my plant) is a good thing to have.

The built in sampling point in the Vortex is certainly useful.

I opted for the Biopure as I didn't want to have to house the air pump separately (perhaps not the best decision given recent circumstances!) - the Vortex required a separate pump box over and above the plant itself.

I felt more confident in terms of performance going with the Biopure as it's one of several that use the same cone shape / design. The Vortex cylinder seemed unique and did make me wonder why nobody else has such a design. That being said, performance figures for the two are very similar.

• Like 1