Utilities Conduit into ICF New Build

Dean Mc

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, as I could think of numerous I could have put it in. 

I’m doing an ICF self build. 

Is there a standard / build regulation for how water / electric cable / broadband utilities must be passed through the foundations and wall and into the building i.e. are certain types, colours,  diameters of conduit required for specific utilities? 

Edited by Dean Mc

Electrical stuff would normally go in a hockey stick. They are sold by electrical wholesalers, come in a standard size. I have two one electrical the other data.

Water in a flexible conduit. Mine was something like 110mm blue I think.

Where you go through block work there is a lintel to support structurally.

The opening closed off with pea gravel to allow movement.

8 hours ago, Dean Mc said:

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, as I could think of numerous I could have put it in. 

I’m doing an ICF self build. 

Is there a standard / build regulation for how water / electric cable / broadband utilities must be passed through the foundations and wall and into the building i.e. are certain types, colours,  diameters of conduit required for specific utilities? 

Is it an insulated raft or B&B?

3 minutes ago, Dean Mc said:

Insulated slab 

Ok, you'll just have to come inside of the ring beam steelwork, and avoid the intermediates, but a lot easier than the awkward incremental gapping's of B&B!

The communications provider may well want rigid BT56 ductwork / similar, or they may refuse to pull the service in. After that I'd put cold mains into a 110mm UG soil pipe with a rest bend (unless you can get an off-cut of the blue stuff), and then all other things just in regular flexi ductwork.

Electrical stuff only needs the hockey-stick if mounted externally, as most will be SWA and suitable for direct burial so need no such protection when rising through the slab, plus they're visible so no worries about 'safe zones' etc.