showers and Water efficiency

farm boy

One of my planning conditions is the water usage must be 110L/day/person or less. I am about to start buying my fittings and the shower output in the design stage calculation is restricted to 10L /minute. I cannot find many showers that have there flow restricted to below 10l/minute , do I just shut the isolators down temporally to get the required flow to tick the box.

(Three shower valves (UVC system) with budget of £250 per valve.) Anyone else had 110 litre restriction on their planning?

I didn't, but I think more restrictions like that, are thing of the future.

There are several calculation tools available online, sorry can't offer any links. Play the numbers, get low water use clothes washing, dishwasher etc to make the numbers work. And you only shower every other day etc. You don't water any plants etc.

Also think rain water harvesting.

We used this calculator http://wrcpartgcalculator.co.uk/Calculator.aspx   You fill it all in, ensure it passes and then print to pdf and give it to building control.

Shower output itself isn't directly restricted I don't think. it's more about the sum of all usage.  The calculator bakes in various assumptions (defined in regs) that you can't change e.g. how many times a week you bathe vs. shower.