HMRC have paid our VAT reclaim

Checked the bank account last night and there was a hefty sum in there from HMRC.

No notice that it was going to arrive and is approximately 91% of the amount claimed. 

Don't know why they refused the 9%.

Timeline went like this:

Mid Jan 2023 claim sent

Confirmation letter of receipt from HMRC in early March

End of March ask for a Completion Certificate (not available when sent) - sent immediately

End May same letter as early March stating they've received the documents

20 June - payment made

Did not claim for any professional fees or kitchen appliances etc so not sure what exactly they've not allowed. Hopefully shall find out soon.

Now going to look at Autotrader as I can feel a car upgrade coming on for the 13 year old estate!!

32 minutes ago, Happy Valley said:

Don't know why they refused the 9%.

Knowing what I now know, I'd contest that 9% - if the claim for that 'bit' is valid.

They are consistently inconsistent, work sloppily and some of their staff are poorly informed.

Edited by ToughButterCup
  • Like 1

You'll get a seperatly letter in the post detailing what was rejected. We had our staircase invoice rejected as it didn't have a description of the product. We posted off the detailed invoice and it was paid a month or so later.

• Like 1

Well as if by magic the post has arrived at midday with a large package from HMRC.

Just two invoices with a total VAT amount over £2000 were rejected as I only had Pro-forma invoices and they want originals. Time to talk to Polysteel and get all the money back!!

• Like 3