HELP for a clueless DIY-er

Ahmiccc

Hi All,

I hope you can help me please, my plumber has been on and off, hell coem for a few hours then shoot to another job and so forth, ive had him sort my UVC and so forth and the othernight he stayed till 3am and wanted full pay for a job where the system still wasnt fully working, payed 60% of the bill but obviously wont get it all untill he comes to get the system running fully. issue was my wiring centre KL08NSB and he had L&N wired in terminals 1+2 where the pump goes this being a volt free contact ofcourse wont give power to the pump to turn on so the day after i put a common live in terminal 2 and pump on terminal 1 and it works all fine all good everything seems to be fine appart from one thing, details below.

image.thumb.png.ee1fa0635b81bc05d57c10c4f44b3225.png

So ive gone with salus everything the itemasation is as follows, SQ610 thermostats, KL08NSB wiring centre, and THB230 auto balancing valves. I seem to have na issue the red light flashes quickly on the valves for a few minutes then its does a slow flash and i hear some sort of whiring  (im guessing this is the valve moving) i then seen the flow go to 5l/min on the flow regulators (these are fully open) so maybe more, then the red light goes solid and stays solid for a few minutes after that it does a slow flash the flow then drops to 0l/min and then a solid red light ive watched this for a few minutes with no movement at all anyone able ot help on what to do, whether to wait longer and what not ? i have the thermostat set to maximum so im guessing the valve shouldnt shut untill give the signal to turn off after its hit the thermostat set point.

image.thumb.jpeg.649fcbc76f27e7a411b714cc65135c32.jpeg

Its only been a couple days and my plumber isnt answering probably upset for above reasons but the entire scope of the job has been finished about 80% and hes been paid 60% but i need him to come back but its a bit of a catch 22, with not payign him it all untill he fixes it and he might not come back till hes paid it all but then he might not come back again if i pay him all so waste of money. Please ask away and help away please so i can give it all a go, ill probably be on it all day tomorrow again to see what we got and i have a few jobs in garden which i can go back and forth to see how its running fi i do need to wait longer but unsure

Salus auto balancing valves can take an hour or so to calibrate. Did you have heat to the manifold, if you didn't the valves have nothing to calibrate themselves against.

It looks like you are trying to bleed the system also, do things logically.

Take actuators off, install hand valves that came with the manifold. Open all valves fully - Bleed system.

Ensure heat source is fully working, pressurise system, bring hot water into system, this will chase the final bits of air out the system bleeds. Check for leaks. Run manually until everything has warmed up. Check for leaks again. Switch off.

Now look at the electric side of things. Tidy all the wiring up. It looks a mess.

Reset your actuators per the instructions, so they go though the commission process again. Power up do a call for heat on all circuits leave it to sort it's self out for an hour or so.

• Like 1