Hello from an aspiring self-builder

selfbuilder91

Hi all, new joiner here. I have wanted to build my own house since I was a kid and now hoping to be able to do so within the next 5 or so years. I just discovered this forum so have signed up hoping to find some advice on my self-build journey. I am currently in the very early stages of planning and trying to work out if it's even feasible, what the first steps are, costs involved, what size house I could afford to build, when it might be possible to do etc.

I will for sure be asking many questions on this forum, but if you have any links to useful threads or other resources for preparing for a self-build project, please do let me know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, selfbuilder91 said:

but if you have any links to useful threads or other resources for preparing for a self-build project, please do let me know.

welcome! this whole forum is full of useful threads and has a useful search function. as you've got time i recommend just slowly working your way through the relevant subforums to get a handle on things.  Also i can recommend picking up a copy of Mark Brinkley's 'Housebuilder's Bible' as a great place to start to get a good understanding as to what is involved.

good luck on your journey

• Thanks 1