Kitchen Wall - Insulation help

richo106

Hi All

I have a run of kitchen units and quartz shelf (question for another day) running along an external wall

My plan currently is to parge the wall, 75mm battens with 50mm PIR between (so this will allow to run cables either in front or behind. Then overboard with Gyrproc Thermaline plus 40mm (30.5mm polystyrene + 9.5mm board, i have these left over from another job so thought a good place to use them.

Are 600mm centres OK with this? Rather than battening would you make a frame so its nice and plumb. Would 50mm PIR be the best way to go?

Literally any other ideas or ways to do I would love to hear!

Many Thanks 

12 minutes ago, TonyT said:

I would keep the polystyrene away from cables, issue with plasticiser in the cables and polystyrene not a good combo.

if you have a building inspector coming what does your drawing say?

Ok thank you regarding the polystyrene and cables 

i haven’t got any building regs drawings as it is classed as an extension. I would like to add 70mm of PIR on the external existing walls. Some walls I am going to bite the bullet and buy the PIR backed PB but 2 walls I need to batten. I was tempted to use warm wall method but not sure how plumb it would all be as they are existing wall

Sorry for the spam on this post, but I could install 50mm battens and then fill with Rockwool 50mm insulation. Then over board with the 40mm thermaline plus PB…would this work? 

I could wire and fix sockets (battened off) to (parged) wall and the install rockwool around it all