Outside shades for skylights - what to think of these ones?

Garald

Work on my place looks close to done.  Weather in Paris is getting warmer, obviously, with maximum day temperatures approaching 30 C. Even though the awnings and shutters haven't arrived yet, the first floor is actually pleasant and not too warm (in spite of south-facing windows). However, the attic gets noticeably hotter, and I'm a bit concerned about what it will be like in July and August.

As I've said in previous posts on this subject: my attic (where a bedroom and a home office will be) has a roof with insulation basically from 10 years ago (R about 4 I think) - the contractor just took out the rockwool that had gone black and replaced it by fresh rockwool; the walls/"combles perdus" have been newly insulated with BioFib (hemp-based) and cellulose, respectively. I've also installed a bunch of skylights (Velux brand; models MK04, CK04, ). If I've indeed got the precise kind that I was supposed to get, they are meant to block 77-80% of heat in summer (or so says the technical information). It's obvious that they are indeed not clear windows - they look that way from a distance, but they let a very blue light through. Still, that doesn't seem quite enough...

Obviously, I'd prefer outside shades to inside shades, since inside shades would just create a mini-oven between themselves and the window (and a reflective material might not help much).

What about this sort of product?

https://avosdim.com/store-exterieur-pare-soleil-fenetre-toit-velux.html?utm_campaign=comparateurs&utm_medium=site&utm_source=google_fr&gclid=CjwKCAjwsvujBhAXEiwA_UXnAOMXDSG4_y8X1SJ-8lUU__alaLn3Rkym0zNZ8HD7HwlsYrdCT3IQsRoCFSUQAvD_BwE&fbclid=IwAR3QJSqK_8oDtP7YTkQnZIe67Qz58UDkM4ZCHgQXR6VVsIEPTs6B6DzWccc#EXTV100G

Should it work? How inconvenient is it? (I imagine people would pull the shades up and down only a few times a year rather than daily?). Do people here have experience with this sort of thing?

extv-paresoleil-fdt-ouverte_600x560.jpg