Laying Clay Pavers

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about getting some Bexhill Clay pavers from here https://www.chelmervalley.co.uk/paver-brick/brick-pavers/bexhill/

I have never laid pavers before but would like to lay a path very similar to the one in the attached photo:

The pavers are 200mm x 58mm x 48mm and I will be laying on the 200x48 face so they will be 58 high and 48 wide. I want to start planning the layout but need some advice on how to plan. I'd like to lay them with as small a gap as possible Do I assume that there will be no gap in between or assume a small gap, say 2mm between?

Looking the photo there are 12 pavers next to a 600mm slab so that equates to just over a 2mm gap.

I guess it's a matter of laying some out and seeing what works but I just wanted some sort of plan before starting.

Many thanks,

Ed

image.thumb.png.53acbeb65012d46e4ac5cfedf883cdd8.png

As it says in the installation guide, 2-3mm joints. These are normally formed naturally by the shape of the paver, no spacers required. Bear in mind they have a ‘face’ side which is the way they should be laid.

I bought around 60 of the pavers and they look great. I dry laid them abutting to each other without a gap and they naturally work out to have a 2mm gap between them. I laid 26 against the long side which came out at 1300mm. For planning purposes I’ll just assume they are 50mm wide.