Mixer valve on wrong wall...help please.

mbsun

Hi all.

I'm about to start redoing our bathroom and have a bit of a challenge to overcome with the new shower set up. Currently, the shower is in the corner and has a mixer valve attached to the two outlet pipes.

The idea is to keep the shower in the same place but making it bigger. However, I am hoping to move the shower heads from one wall to the other. However, I'm not sure my plumbing skills stretch to relocating the outlet pipes. 

Ideally we are looking for a shower with two heads - one small on a flexi pipe and the other large and fixed. Yet every example I can find has the large fixed head attached to the mixer valve and running straight up.

A bit like this: https://www.bathroommountain.co.uk/galway-premium-matt-black-square-thermostatic-shower-set-23015?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-JXmq6uR_wIVGfntCh38iQISEAQYCSABEgLwb_D_BwE

Which obviously wouldn't work. 

One idea I had, is to fit a riser type shower head to the wall we want the shower head on….

Like this: https://www.bathroommountain.co.uk/lismore-square-matt-black-shower-riser-kit?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4Jyj7KuR_wIVkP_tCh1-sgLSEAQYAiABEgKDUvD_BwE

And then fitting a mixer valve like this: https://www.plumbworld.co.uk/hansgrohe-vernis-blend-exposed-mixer-shower-valve-matt-black-71640670-1738-1269663?utm_source=organic&utm_medium=shoppingfeed&utm_campaign=googlebase&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjc7LiayR_wIVAe7tCh19tAW3EAQYASABEgKVnPD_BwE

Would I be able to connect them? If I can, how would I keep the pipe from just dangling across the shower?

Any other ideas or advice much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, mbsun said:

Would I be able to connect them? If I can, how would I keep the pipe from just dangling across the shower?

Have a qiuck look at this ....

PXL_20230526_081431126.thumb.jpg.afd03099ff53b336d113ac883685b861.jpg

I installed an iBox behind the mixer / controller . (I bet there are others that do the same) . You can have an outlet for the fixed shower head separate from the flexible hose - and you can duct both of them anywhere.  The main point is to be able to switch on either outlet without getting soaked . 

I put the flexible outlet low down anticipating life in a wheelchair at some stage. And for a few days after my hip operations, I was very grateful for that ....

Thanks for the advice ToughButterCup - this certainly looks like the solution I am looking for. 

It may be a little beyond my current plumbing skills, but I think with a little research I would be able to do this! 

5 hours ago, mbsun said:

Thanks for the advice ToughButterCup - this certainly looks like the solution I am looking for. 

It may be a little beyond my current plumbing skills, but I think with a little research I would be able to do this! 

The concealed shower valves need to be at a very specific depth, to allow for the facias to be fix on after tiling / other. Be sure to do some YT surfing and make yourself familiar with what needs to be observed before you go jumping in.

Ask lots of questions here and we'll help as much as we can ;)