System designers - Mid Cornwall (Bit vague I know)

andy1300gt

Good Afternoon!

I'm looking for any clever folk in the Mid Cornwall area that would be up for meeting up. I need to find someone who has a passion for designing multi service heating and hot water systems.

Open to experimental idea's.

Cheers

I'm in the process of putting together something, but I just keep going round in circles. I have two separate solar set ups. UFH and trying to connect a Willis immersion heater. Which does work (manually at the moment) LPG combi boiler for heating and hot water. I do have a log burner, but logs are getting expensive now and it would be nice to be a little greener.

So, buffer tank to pre-heat the water to the boiler? Its all the routing with the suitable relays and switches I can't get my head round.

39 minutes ago, andy1300gt said:

I have two separate solar set ups

Are these solar thermal or photovoltaic, or one if each?

40 minutes ago, andy1300gt said:

UFH and trying to connect a Willis immersion heater. Which does work (manually at the moment) LPG combi boiler for heating and hot water

Can the heating be done via a buffer tank i.e. an ordinary immersion heating element in the buffer, then the LPG connected to the same buffer.

42 minutes ago, andy1300gt said:

Its all the routing with the suitable relays and switches I can't get my head round.

A diagram of the systems is a good start.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Are these solar thermal or photovoltaic, or one if each?

Can the heating be done via a buffer tank i.e. an ordinary immersion heating element in the buffer, then the LPG connected to the same buffer.

A diagram of the systems is a good start.

2 x photovoltaic. 1 Solaredge and 1 Sunsynk with battery storage. I have bought the MyEnergi Eddi , yet to be fitted, to help control the PV.

I would hope to use the buffer to pre-heat both UFH and store for hot water. My logic tells me one thing but my ability to get my head around it says another......

1684304295517 (002).jpg

37 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

I would have thought that fitting a buffer/thermal store, which has an element built in, between the LPG and the UFH would do the trick.

How are you dealing with DHW?

Straight from the boiler at moment.

Its hard to judge at the moment as the sun is shining. We all know we get day on end with little to no PV. I just want wring every last Kwh I can out of it. 

46 minutes ago, andy1300gt said:
1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

How are you dealing with DHW?

Straight from the boiler at moment

Assuming these two are related.

To take advantage of the PV you will need a DHW cylinder. This can either be separate from the space heating system, or integrated with it. I am pretty sure that a combination gas boiler, which by the sounds of it, is what you have, can be rejigged to act as a system boiler. There are a couple of plumber on here that will know for your make of boiler.

Do you know your space heating load, especially the maximum power for the coldest days?

Do you also know what temperature you want the UFH to run at, lower is best.

What is the nearest town to you? Cornwall is a long county and Mid Cornwall to is anywhere between St Awful and Hayle.

Edited by SteamyTea