Advice needed on Roof survey and factor

We recently had an independent roof survey on our tenement block.

We had a major repair carried out in 2014 and since then it has leaked.

The main source is gable that meets in middle of the roof. A lot of water ingress here. So much it has come down into the upper floor landing and ceiling and into the upper floor flat.

These issues have been reported numerous occasions via email to our property factor since 2014. The response of these reports are passing onto someone else and not following up.

We have asked for all reports and any documents on the roof repair to be told that due to length of time they don't have any. We did however get an undated quote from the contractor from the factor.

We have completion certificate from the council as he had to inspect it for grant funding purposes. This wasn't an inspection by a fully qualified clerk of works I might add.

Anyway it seems that when the roof repair was carried out no one from the factor was checking on the work nor was it checked at the end. Which is basically what a factor is meant to do? See the repairs to a satisfactory completion and make sure it's done to a certain standard.

Also our factor does not seem to know the guarantee length given for this contractors work? They have stated a year...I have asked did he give tradesman or insurance backed? They paid him not the owners so in my mind before you hand over any money you get a guarantee in writing?

Anyway the roof survey is very helpful that its picked up on this leak it says the following.

Inspection of the external roof abutment revealed the cut tiles were sloping downwards

towards the lead flashing due to lack of support, this has resulted in water penetration to the

abutment flashing that has tracked behind the original lead sheet abutment flashing cause

in structural decay to the pre fabricated truss type supporting structures.

Now we had the factor at a meeting and they say its not the gable end leaking its the step gable without ever having a look at this roof in say 5 years.

CAB say we are covered by the consumer rights act 2015. We know it's a 6 year tine limit but due to the dilatory tactics by the factor with reports of leaks being overlooked (they admit that in an email) would that stand up in court?

All I am asking advice for is should this factor have checked on this roofers work when he was up there and inspected at the end by their own clerk of works?

Also we are going to consult with a no win no fee solictor. Going to get a quote from a reputable roofing company for repair work and scaffolding company as its a four high tenement. To give us a ballpark figure for legal proceedings. Would people on here do the same in this situation?

By The sounds of it you are in Scotland - up there you have some additional protection and tribunal services you can reach out for / to. I cannot recall the exact name of the service but I believe you can take a case against the factor through them. Googling I think is is called the "Housing and Property Chamber: First-tier Tribunal for Scotland" https://www.housingandpropertychamber.scot/