Bleeping imist - help!

Adsibob

I have an imist system. The unit is bleeping a rather loud intermittent bleep every 20 minutes. I suspect it is some sort of alarm to warn the user that it needs its annual service (which is booked in two weeks) but I don’t know.

Does anybody have an imist? I tried locating the manual online, but the imist website is down.

We could flick the switch at the main consumer board, but I have a feeling that may shut the water off (there is a priority demand valve that diverts water to only the imist in the event of a power cut - stupid, I know).

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, matt_wood87 said:

Hi Adsibob, did you ever get to the bottom of this? My unit has started beeping too! Cheers

Yes, it means it’s past its deadline for an annual service. Only way to switch it off is to get it serviced by imist at a massive cost.

Otherwise known as daylight robbery.

14 hours ago, Alan Ambrose said:

Thanks for letting us know about this gotcha. What’s the service cost and are there any contract terms to avoid you being held hostage for the duration?

You are held hostage forever. Otherwise you have to live with the bleeping alarm. Total gotcha for me. I think the service is about £160 a year with a 5 year “service plan”. It’s robbery, plain and simple.

13 minutes ago, Adsibob said:

It’s robbery, plain and simple.

Surely someone can disconnect the “bleeping” element of the kit?.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joe90 said:

Surely someone can disconnect the “bleeping” element of the kit?.

You are probably right. But given it is a fire suppression system, and given my house is by far my largest asset, I probably shouldn't be doing anything that will invalidate the buildings and contents insurance.

• Sad 1