'kin ecologists.Frustration at delays

Canski

So I got my bat licence through last week and had a demolition team lined up for tomorrow with a guy there today with a cherry picker to take batman up to take the tiles off the roof. All was running like clockwork until batman turned up and stopped work due to nesting birds. I just can't win.

Back to square one with more surveys required in a months time and two months time to see if we can continue in July. I'm ready for a beer.

Arrrgghhhhhhh

• Sad 1

our bat license application is being submitted about now, we then have to have the roof stripped on our existing property by November otherwise we need to pay for more bat surveys and a new license. it has certainly given even more impetus to get the house finished so i don't have to incur those extra thousands of pounds of costs.

did they tell you that it now takes 9 weeks to get a bat licence ? I got mine after 7. It all seemed too good to be true with the demo guy getting held up on another job and the licence coming in earlier than expected. It's just a shame that the solicitors took 10 weeks to get a section 106 agreement done. If it hadn't have been for that display of incompetence then we would have been demolishing before the bird nesting season. 

1 minute ago, Canski said:

did they tell you that it now takes 9 weeks to get a bat licence ? I got mine after 7. It all seemed too good to be true with the demo guy getting held up on another job and the licence coming in earlier than expected. It's just a shame that the solicitors took 10 weeks to get a section 106 agreement done. If it hadn't have been for that display of incompetence then we would have been demolishing before the bird nesting season. 

i'm actually happy if it takes 9 weeks as that means it pushes out the date we need to be removing the roof by before the license expires! i'll take an extra couple of weeks.