Origin vs Reynaers...

Our project has 16 'Flat windows', at least 50% non opening. There is a large 3-sided Oriel Window, 2 Doors and 2 Sliders (4.2x2.5 and 2.4x2.1).

We've had quotes for quite a few companies, but frontrunners at the moment include Reynaers (their Masterline 8 product, with Masterpatio sliding doors) and Origin (their OW80 product, with Sunflex SVG30 sliding doors).

Both quotes sit at around the £60k mark and hit average U-Values of around 1.1 and are fully installed. Anyone got any opinions on Reynaers vs Origin?

I’ve got Origin, quite pleased with them although would have preferred Alu-clad timber the budget wouldn’t allow. Maybe next time! Anyway no issues with Origin but your quote seems a bit steep. How many square metres?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I chose Reynaers as they are technically superior to the Origin in triple glaze spec. Reynaers have frames that support 44mm units, which provide better u-values.  However, choose wisely for the manufacturer as I had a whole host of problems, which are still being resolved....

48 minutes ago, GaryChaplin said:

I chose Reynaers as they are technically superior to the Origin in triple glaze spec. Reynaers have frames that support 44mm units, which provide better u-values.  However, choose wisely for the manufacturer as I had a whole host of problems, which are still being resolved....

Thanks for your reply Gary. So you have Reynaers issues outstanding? That's not good to hear, I do hope you get sorted.

It looks like we'll be going for Timber Aluclad Windows as they absolutely eclipse the u-Values of anything else. I've managed to get past the notion of extremely narrow site-lines and now think that even the chunky frames of Timber windows won't look chunky once they're in context in their large openings.

On 01/05/2024 at 21:08, Mulberry View said:

o you have Reynaers issues outstanding?

Yes, but only becuase the manufacturer made an unbelivable number of mistakes! Nearly resolved all the issues, but I'm not going to give the full story until it's sorted! 

5 hours ago, GaryChaplin said:

Yes, but only becuase the manufacturer made an unbelivable number of mistakes! Nearly resolved all the issues, but I'm not going to give the full story until it's sorted! 

You mean the problems with the fabricator? Not with Reynaers? Keep in mind I'm still looking at Reynaers for a few positions that are better in Aluminium, so if there's an issue with a Norfolk or Suffolk based fabricator (we're talking to one in each county), I would really appreciate a heads-up. Privately of course.