Loose Block

GrantMcscott

Hi

I discivered a couple of loose block at the top of the wall and I think this is due to there being and expansion gap on one side and a window on the oter so not much supporting.

I tried cementing them back together and even with a tie in them to the kit when lightly pushed they brock away.  

I have now glued them with stick like Sh*t and silconed the expansion joint to give them more support.  When they are pushed there is a little flex in them but they do not break loose

Will the fix be OK or will they need more support before they are rendered over as do not want to render then drill for the down pipe and they come away again.

Anything else I can do for more support

342160782_556054816674072_6804424778709822096_n.jpg

That’s an odd and naff detail to end up with an unbonded stack. No harm with what you have done and some flex is to be expected. You won’t be having an expansion joint in the render at that point so it should have been thought out better to start with.

Edited by markc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, markc said:

That’s an odd and naff detail to end up with an unbonded stack. No harm with what you have done and some flex is to be expected. You won’t be having an expansion joint in the render at that point so it should have been thought out better to start with.

Just concerned about drilling them for the down pipe after it has been rendered incase they come loose