Door Seal Torn

Danny-r

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice on repairing this door seal as it's torn and this area of the house gets very cold.

It doesn't pull up very easily, and I'm not sure the seals that come up with a quick Google really match this? Some of the common ones seem to push in but this feels strongly held.

20230412_104849.jpg

I had this a few weeks back. I think nearly all the threshold seals will pull out, but they do need a bit of elbow grease, try getting a screwdriver underneath them or something. Once it's out, you know what the profile is, as it can be hard to tell before then. I used the website linked to above to get a replacement. Pushing the new seal back in is just as tricky!

11 hours ago, jamieled said:

I had this a few weeks back. I think nearly all the threshold seals will pull out, but they do need a bit of elbow grease, try getting a screwdriver underneath them or something. Once it's out, you know what the profile is, as it can be hard to tell before then. I used the website linked to above to get a replacement. Pushing the new seal back in is just as tricky!

Did you have to pull the full seal out from the whole door and replace as a single unit? 

Might rip out going into next week as it's due to be a bit warmer