Digital shower questions and feedback?

Hi, I am considering getting a digital shower because it has the neat look of a concealed shower and don't have the con of breaking into tile if it breaks downs. Does any know if they are noisy at all? My neighbour could hear my shower pump running previously althought it was a very faint drilling noise. I will be having a combi so no more shower pump but does that mean no more noise too.

Also, I live in a hard water area and wonder if digital has the same reliability as concealed or exposed shower mixer?

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, VickyBH said:

Hi, I am considering getting a digital shower because it has the neat look of a concealed shower and don't have the con of breaking into tile if it breaks downs. Does any know if they are noisy at all? My neighbour could hear my shower pump running previously althought it was a very faint drilling noise. I will be having a combi so no more shower pump but does that mean no more noise too.

Also, I live in a hard water area and wonder if digital has the same reliability as concealed or exposed shower mixer?

Thanks. 

Hi.

I've done conversions from gravity / pumped digital over to non-pumped where we've either fitted an UVC or a combi. It's simply a case of either having or not having the pump set for the digital shower, so you will only have a nice quiet digital "mixer" to go with your setup.

All good, but remember that you can get al all exposed / surface mixer shower which will take a hot and cold feed, and have zero electromechanical / moving parts to fail. The digitals showers seem to be reliable, as long as you stick to the big names. 

Down to choice, but I personally don't see the value of introducing a digital mixer other than for the look / being able to switch it on from the bedside. 

The answer is, it'll be nice and quiet, so yes, digital + combi will get you what you're after. :) 

From a laypersons point of view a digital shower seems to be a very expensive way of adding unnecessary complications.

Screenshot_2023-04-10-17-44-24-794-edit_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.391b97e81ceb663258f5a4666e358631.jpg

I imagine you would need an additional power supply for a digital shower too.

Just use a neat thermostatic mixer like below. 

Screenshot_2023-04-10-17-45-10-425-edit_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.a14bc76565981674420f651b39910a71.jpg

It can be serviced without going near the tiles too. 

Screenshot_2023-04-10-17-57-32-027-edit_com.google.android_apps_docs.thumb.jpg.a6a5400479e81571518582563de7d014.jpg

Thanks for the replies. We want to have overhead monsoon shower, handheld shower and a bath filler. Top priority is to minimise limescale hassle and easy access for future repair or replacement. Having a simply look is also desired in our tiny 1.7x2m bathroom. I have set aside £1K max for bathroom brassware but if the digital shower is prone to have regular break down especially then maybe it's not worth the money?

How is digital shower mixed compared to concealed one in terms of reliability, lets say both are Mira for example? Will I be able to replace diverter body without damaging tiles? 

• 1 month later...

We have the Mira digital and love it... We have the temp set so it can't go past 38 deg kids seem to like a sauna. we have the control box under the bath currently but will be moved to the loft when the plumbers move the boiler up there. doesn't make a sound as its not got a pump built in.