Response to my enquiry of British Gas's ASHP offering

They have so far declined to get involved. By the time i have the plans that they want i will have needed to make the call on which pump i need.

In order to successfully quote for this property we would need you to provide architectural plans detailing ceiling heights, room dimensions, insulation, underfloor heating schematics showing pipe-run centre measurements and locations of manifolds, proposed floor finishes on UFH areas eg., Laminate, hardwood, ceramic tiles etc., proposed location of all radiators, glazing specifications and sizes of units of windows and doors, proposed site of ASHP and hot water cylinder, roof surface eg. Tiles etc.

We would also require details of the electrical supply eg 1phase/3phase?

Also we usually wouldn’t be able to design the hot water part of this system without knowing the standing and working pressures of the mains water supply as well as the flow rates of the water.

We would need you to meet us on these requirements as we cannot specify an ASHP kw output for your property without calculating a full heat loss calculation for it.

What else do you expect them to suggest? After we achieved planning the kit company provided a full thermal model analysis of the proposed house, it ran to 100 pages. This was followed with a report on options for heating and PV etc. I also filled in the spreadsheet available on here which more or less matched the analysis. 

Guys, i am not saying that they are unreasonable at all just putting the info out there. It does not suit my situation for the reasons i stated in my first sentence. This is the  condition i have with my TF supplier and the timing. Not complaining about the TF company either, its just a co ordination issue for me.