Garden shredder advise Spring 2023

This is what's left of the pile + some thicker 40mm sticks that I left (not on the picture). I reduced it by 10 times.
I bought it used from a guy. The blade on it was gone according to BOSCH but angle grinder has made it sharper than Japanese katanas.
I would not call it an industrial unit but a recreational shredder.
I was thinking about hiring a proper shredder but then I would have to do a whole lot more at one go and I simply have no time so I do it piece by piece instead.

As long as the blade is sharp it chews sticks even the thick ones in no time. It only struggles with leafy stuff at times.
The pile was there for at least a month. I know it was a rainy and damp time but the machine was still doing OK. When I red the manual it said that material should be shredded pretty immediately.
I understand it dries quicker in the summer time.

shredded.thumb.jpeg.09a3c68d9a8b75a36968cb546c06e98f.jpegshredder.thumb.jpeg.8d717de0723bce6e64f79c085c29e368.jpeg

• Like 2

On 03/04/2023 at 22:37, saveasteading said:

It's all currently mixed in the mulch pile

Update. Have been putting the mulch round the roses and perennials.  No sign of anything trying to grow within the pile.

As instructed by Beechwood Garden and Gardeners World I am putting down 100mm. Ish.  Better some plants thick and others with none, than spread, they say.

Had a 100mm tree branch fallen from next door. About 5m long to the tips. Long handled chain saw, then loppers then grinder. Took an hour and the machine pulled the whole clusters through , led by 20mm branches which are easy to get to engage.

Nil to brown bin. 

1 hours worth of timber as logs and sticks, 2 trugs of mulch.

• Like 1